Applications are invited for CADI Fellowship Programme. These fellowships are open to the scientist from Central Asia region doing research in conservation and sustainable use of temperate deserts.
The Fellowship aims at scientists that have the support of their home countries institutions and a clear commitment to a career in their country of origin.
User Review( votes)
CADI is jointly implemented by the Michael Succow Foundation (Germany), the University of Greifswald (Germany) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Sub-regional Office for Central Asia (Ankara, Turkey).
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in conservation and sustainable use of temperate deserts.
- Scholarship Award:
A monthly grant of 1,000 € for a period of up to 12 months
One-time travel allowance of 750 €
Field -, laboratory equipment up to an amount of 2,000 €, upon approval based on a sound scientific justification
Involvement in an international network of scientists and practitioners for the conservation and sustainable use of deserts
- Nationalities: Citizens of China, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applications may be submitted by scientists with nationality and place of residence in one of the eligible countries: China, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- Entrance Requirements: Target groups are postgraduate senior scientists, who preferably have at least three years of professional experience and preferably are not older than 40 years.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Please provide us with a description of your research topic, scope and a detailed research plan including places, potential supervisors and possible partnering institutions in Germany.
The following documents should be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae
- University diploma in a field that is relevant to the project and its focus (Biology, Geography, Agriculture, Silviculture, Landscape Planning, Nature Conservation, Environmental Policy, Environmental Law – or other similar subjects relevant to temperate deserts)
- Two letters of references who give proof on your scientific qualification
- Relevant certificates of your career
- Reference list of published papers
- Endorsement of the application by the current employer
- Proof of written and spoken upper-intermediate English language skills
- Scan copy of passport
How to Apply:
Applications should include periods of field surveys et cetera and, if relevant, target groups including an outline of the methodology to be applied and an explanation why your research is unique and relevant for CADI ( maximum of 1,200 words ).