The Government of Canada is inviting outstanding candidates to become a part of the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program for the academic year 2022/2023.
Global Affairs Canada is the department in the Government of Canada. The department has undergone numerous name changes and re-organizations in recent years. It offers a number of scholarships and awards for international students to study and conduct research in Canada.
Nice offer for international candidates
User Review( votes)
Why should apply for this Faculty Leadership program? By joining this program, participants actively engage in tackling current leadership challenges using the new techniques learned.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until March 22, 2022
- Provider: Government of Canada
- Department: Department of Foreign Affairs
- Course Level: Faculty Leadership Program
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible CARICOM countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- They must be employed full-time as faculty or as international managers/administrators at a recognized higher education institution in an eligible country at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this award, candidates should complete an online application. Those institutions which do not have an account will first need to Register an account.
- Once the account is created and activated, they will need to log in. Under “For Non-Canadians” section, scroll down to the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program and click on Apply Now.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must upload a copy of the candidate’s passport, letter of intent from the candidate, letter of support from the home institution, letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor, signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding or Agreement with the partner institution, and privacy notice statement.
- Admission Requirements: For admission taking, candidates must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate academic-level English or French reading and writing skills as required by the university providing the program.
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for recipients is:
- CAD 2,700 for faculty members for two to three weeks of course work or research as part of their professional development;
- CAD 2,700 for international directors, managers or administrators for two to three weeks of course work, or for a practicum in the area of internationalization of post-secondary institutions or student mobility as part of their professional development; or
- CAD 9,700 for faculty members for five to six months of study or research at the graduate level.