Enhance your academic and leadership skills through the Canon Collins Social Justice Scholarship. The study award is organized by Canon Collins Educational & Legal Assistance Trust.
The educational programme aims to support high-achieving international candidates who want to undertake a postgraduate degree program at any university in South Africa.
This is the best offer to study postgraduate in South Africa with some financial support.
User Review( votes)
Since 1981, the Canon Collins Trust is supporting individual studies. It believes that higher education is empowering for individuals and transformative for society. They also support community-based projects in southern Africa to increase access to education.
Why should apply for this programme? By joining this programme, students will gain advance knowledge and skills in the areas of human rights and social justice.
Application Deadline: August 10, 2020
- Provider: Canon Collins Educational & Legal Assistance Trust
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Awards: Up to R80,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Zimbabwe
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Masters study in the areas of Human Rights and Social Justice.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be applying for a full-time Masters course related to the areas of human rights, democracy and governance no longer in duration than 18 months at any South African university
- They have a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- demonstrate a clear commitment to apply your skills and qualification to contributing towards positive change in Zimbabwe
- Be available to undertake a six months long internship in Zimbabwe immediately after the completion of study
- Preference will be given to recent graduates and professionals in early stages of their careers committed to strengthening human rights, transparency or good governance in Zimbabwe
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to take admission in a master’s level course at any South African university. After that, you will be able to access the online application form for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: All applicants are required to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of degree certificates, if available
- Certified academic transcripts
- ID document (the following are acceptable: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license)
- Two recent payslips, if currently employed
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Canon Collins Social Justice award includes:
- Up to R80,000 towards your tuition fees for your Masters level course at any South African university
- Contribution towards your living costs for the duration of your study
- a return economy flight
- Six months-long paid internship at a public interest law firm or an organisation working towards promoting Human Rights, Transparency or good governance in Zimbabwe after the completion of your course
- An opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events and mentoring