Applications are open for The Cargill Global Scholars Program (CGSP) organized by the Institute of International Education on behalf of Cargill. The grant is open to undergraduate students from Brazil, China, India, Russia, Indonesia, and the United States.
It is a global program designed to promote leadership capability, critical thinking skills and global networks for scholars, global leaders for scholars, decision-makers, visionary and socially aware innovators.
Outstanding opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
International Institute of Education is a 501 organization that focuses on international student exchange and assistance, foreign affairs and international peace and security. It creates programs for study and training for students, teachers, and professionals in different fields.
Why at International Institute of Education- IIE proudly supports flagship educational and cultural exchange programs on behalf of the U.S. Departments of State and Defense, in addition to government, corporate and foundation programs.
- University or Organization: International Institute of Education
- Department: NA
- Course Level: The grant is open to pursuing an undergraduate degree program.
- Award: Each Cargill Global Scholar will receive an annual Award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic-related expenses.
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Brazil, China, India, Russia, Indonesia, and the United States
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Brazil, China, India, Russia, Indonesia, and the United States are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The financial aid positions will be awarded to studying in a field that relates to Cargill’s business goals of providing innovative solutions to meet today’s economic, environmental and societal challenges.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second-year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
For more information about the specific requirements for your country and your eligibility to become a Cargill Global
Scholar, please visit the FAQ page
In order to be eligible for an award, applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the country in which they apply, be enrolled at a partner university, and be a first or second-year full-time university student. Documentation required will be based on the requirements of the countries application.
Upon acceptance into to the Global Scholars Program, students must:
- Adhere to Cargill Scholars Code of Conduct.
- Attend both the In-Country (Year 1) and Global Seminars (Year 2).
- Participate in the mentorship program by communicating with their assigned Cargill Mentor, Cargill Staff and IIE Staff.
- Remain enrolled in partner college/university, in addition to maintenance of required GPA requirements.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.cargillglobalscholars.com/application-management/
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the required documents given on the application form
- Admission Requirements: Check your admission requirements through the given links:
- Brazil: https://apply.iie.org/cargillglobalscholars-brazil
- China: https://apply.iie.org/cargillglobalscholars-china
- India: https://apply.iie.org/cargillglobalscholars-india
- Indonesia: https://apply.iie.org/cargillglobalscholars-indonesia
- Russia: https://apply.iie.org/cargillglobalscholars-russia
- USA: https://apply.iie.org/cargillglobalscholars-usa
- Language Requirement: English
Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive an annual Award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic-related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded In-Country Seminar (Year 1) and Global Seminar (Year 2).
- Receive mentorship by Cargill employees to help the scholars identify short and long term academic and goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings, and communication by email and phone.
- Participate in a series of experiential learning modules, leadership development training, coupled with network opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars Alumni community