Focused on encouraging women to undertake a career in the technology industry, the Swinburne University of Technology has announced its Carsales Foundation Women Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship is exclusively offered for bachelor‡s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Business Information Systems undertaken at the Swinburne University of Technology. Female Australian national students are eligible to apply and be considered for this award worth $7,500 per annum for up to 4 years of study.
This is a great opportunity for students to complete undergraduate education in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Swinburne University of Technology, founded in 1908 as the Eastern Suburbs Technical College by George Swinburne to serve those without access to further education in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, is a public research university based in Melbourne.
Why choose to study at the Swinburne University of Technology? The Swinburne University of Technology is ranked 43rd in the world across all disciplines. The university is dedicated to partnering with industry, communities and government to co-create the transformative technology solutions that society needs.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2023 is the last day to apply for this application with supporting documents.
- University or Organization: Swinburne University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor
- Award: $7,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All home country students from Australia are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours), Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional), Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours), or Bachelor of Business Information Systems (majoring in Data Analytics) program can be applied for at Swinburne University of Technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must identify as female.
- The applicants must be Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen; or an Australian permanent resident.
- The applicants must be a commencing first-year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023.
- The applicants must be enrolled full-time in an eligible course.
- The applicants must be studying on-campus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for admission by accessing the university portal. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal Statement
- Evidence of financial disadvantage
- Admission Requirements: The students must meet the entry and academic requirements of the university for their preferred bachelor program.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 64
- PTE – 50
- C1 Advanced – 169
- Duolingo – 95 to 100
The Swinburne University of Technology will award the selected candidates a scholarship valued at $7,500 a year for up to 4 years to pursue their bachelor’s studies.