The CONICYT of Chile and Chinese Academy of Sciences are offering CAS-CONICYT Postdoctoral Fellowship research program for the duration of two to three years, with 2 years in Chile, and an extension of 1 year in China.
Candidates from all over the world are welcome to apply. The main objective of this call for tenders is to foster cooperation between Chile and China in Astronomy through the inclusion of young researchers via research proposals in Chilean institutions.
The China-Chile Joint Center for Astronomy is a new initiative by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and CONICYT of Chile to promote mutual collaborations between the two countries. CASSAVA is one of the foreign projects launched by CAS to develop cooperation in science and technology with foreign countries.
Why should apply to this program? The program provides support for young astronomers in their early stages of a research career. It gives candidates training incentives and opportunities to advance on their research.
- University or Organization: China-Chile Joint Center for Astronomy
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral program
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Chile and China
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from all over the world are welcome to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Grants are awarded in observational, theoretical, instrumentation, and/or computational astrophysics. These can be in any area of astronomical research, including observation, instrumental development, and theory, but must involve China-Chile collaboration. If those topics listed here are not interesting or relevant to any applicants, they may establish any China-Chile collaborative research topics on their own with their two potential supervisors.
- Eligibility Criteria: The program is open for researchers who obtained a doctorate degree or a document accrediting that they passed the doctorate degree comprehensive exam or it’s equivalent.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To be considered for this award, applications must have to send all the documents in PDF format to cassaca-at-nao.cas.cn and postdoc.cas-at-conicyt.cl before the deadline.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must have to submit the CV, a research statement, a support letter from the host institution in Chile signed by the department director and faculty sponsor, a copy or certificate of degree, and two recommendation letters.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a master’s degree and all the academic qualification certificates.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Benefits: The applicant will recieve a annual allowance: CLP $21,500,000, annual travel and/or operating expenses: CLP $4,500,000, annual Health Benefits: CLP $468,000, and Relocation costs.