In collaboration with TU Wien, the Vienna BioCenter is inviting applications for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program at TU Wien in Austria. This sponsorship is available for international students.
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding candidates in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics, who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master‘s programs at TU Wien taught in English.
User Review( votes)
At TU Wien, we have been conducting research, teaching and learning under the motto ‘Technology for people’ for over 200 years. TU Wien has evolved into an open academic institution where discussions can happen, opinions can be voiced and arguments will be heard. Although everyone may have different individual philosophies and approaches to life, the staff, management personnel and students at TU Wien all promote open-mindedness and tolerance.
- Applications Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Computer Science.
- Scholarship Award: Aspirants who are awarded a fellowship receive 50.772,4 EUR annually
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Prospective students or current students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply:
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one) of the following areas:
- Logic in Computer Science
• Formal Methods and Verification
• Computer Security
• Algorithms and Complexity Theory
• Databases and Knowledge Representation
• Artificial Intelligence
• Software Engineering
- Proficiency in English
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. In 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 those are:
- Master in Logic and Computation
• Master in Business Informatics
• European Master in Computational Logic
• Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
English Language Requirements: Applicants are required to have Proficiency in English.
How to Apply: Your application must be submitted electronically to ta.sc-cigol-at-retsam as a single PDF document.
Applications for funding can be filed before or in parallel with the admissions process, but the funding will only be awarded to students who have been unconditionally admitted to a master’s program.
- Cover letter, stating the student’s intention to apply for the Helmut Veith Stipend, and other aspects the applicant deems relevant
- Curriculum vitae – CV (The applicants are encouraged to demonstrate their extracurricular portfolio)
- Complete transcripts of bachelor’s course/other academic degrees
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). In case the final certificates are not available yet, a preliminary certificate issued by the degree-awarding institution must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)