Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) are pleased to offer a range of PhD fellowships to students of high academic ability for 2021 entry. Up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years.
Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and TWAS aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarships specifically for international students.
User Review( votes)
TWAS is a global science academy based in Trieste, Italy, working to advance science and engineering for sustainable prosperity in the developing world.
Applicants must be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2021. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application deadline: March 31, 2021
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing PhD studies at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.List of Subjects: Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics.
- Award: CAS, fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend (to cover accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000 from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all doctoral candidates after admission. All awardees will also be provided tuition and application fee waivers.
- Number of Awards: Up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world.
- Nationality: International Students from developed countries
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: Students/scholars from all over the world, including 60 from developed countries can apply for these CAS-TWAS fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2021;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Applicants for doctoral study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC (criteria of UCAS/criteria of USTC).
- Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September 2021.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
Step by Step:
In order to successfully apply for the CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship, applicants are requested to follow a few key steps that are indicated below:
- Visit our official website for the fellowship online application system.
- Create your own account, and follow the instructions to finish the online application form.
- Prepare and upload the following supporting documentation to the fellowship online application system:
- Your regular passport which has at least two years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details are needed);
- Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
- Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held (both undergraduate and postgraduate; graduates having just completed or about to complete their degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date);
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
- Original copy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education;
- Detailed research proposal;
- Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 1- find this at the bottom of this page)