2018 Online College University Scholarships PhD Masters Graduate Financial Aid Positions Free
Home » Blog » CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year Competition for International Students, 2019
CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year Competition for International Students, 2019
Calling amateur and professional photographers alike to capture your vision of a future city for a chance to win the photography trip of a lifetime.
Open now until 31 January 2019.
Receiving 80,000 entries worldwide from 170 countries last year, the Urban Photographer of the Year is the world’s largest urban photography competition.
Follow UPOTY on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay in touch with the latest news and updates.
The 2018 Urban Photographer of the Year winners have been announced! You can view all of the winning images here.
Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to everyone who participated.
CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year 2019 Contest (“Contest”)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“OFFICIAL RULES”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY ENGLISH LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. BY SUBMITTING YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND CONFIRMING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER.
Open only to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of registration. Employees, officers and directors of CBRE, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers (and their immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings etc.] and individuals residing in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited, or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
2. CONTEST TIMING:
The Contest begins and therefore the period for submission of entries into the Contest begins on 13 November 2018 at 12:00:00 pm Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) plus 1 hour (i.e. British Summer Time)”) and ends on 31 January 2019 at 11:59:59 pm “GMT” (the “Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest. All entries must be received by the Sponsor no later than the end of the Contest Period. Any entries received after the Contest Period ends will be automatically disqualified.
3. CONTEST ASSIGNMENT:
The Contest invites the entrant to submit original photos capturing what the entrant considers to be the essence of “The Connected City,” at any time of day, be it poignant, inspiring, quirky or amusing (the “Photo” or “Photos”).
4. TO ENTER:
To enter the Contest, visit www.cbreupoty.com (the “Website”). Then, follow the online instructions to register your details including your age range and then upload and submit your Photo(s) and specify which hour of the day each Photo is meant to represent. The Photo submitted for a specific hour need not have been taken during that hour, but should look as if it was.
Each entrant may submit one Photo that represents one hour of the day, up to a total of twenty-four (24) photos (each representing a different hour of the day) per person for the entire Contest Period.
Photo Guidelines (failure to meet these guidelines including for photos taken on a mobile device will result in entries being discounted and entries will not be judged):
• Photos must be in .jpg format;
• Photos must at least 300 dpi;
• Photos must be saved in RGB/SRGB colour;
• Photos must be between 1MB and 8MB in size; and
• The Photo cannot have previously won any promotion or competition of any kind.
• Watermarks are allowed but not encouraged. If your photo is selected as a winner, you will be expected to supply a photograph without a watermark for use in any competition promotion, including the Urban Photographer of the Year coffee table book.
Photos may be submitted that have been taken on a mobile device (i.e. a smartphone or tablet). Entrants will be asked to confirm whether the device used was a mobile device. Sponsor may check to confirm that photos have been taken on a mobile device. Any attempt to submit a Photo as a “Mobile Photo” that is not in fact taken on a mobile device will result in the entry or entries not being considered. Selecting “mobile” for Photos will enter the Photos into the Mobile category. Photos in this category may be eligible to win higher categories of prizes but will not retain the Mobile Prize (further details below).
• The Photo must comply with these Official Rules;
• In its sole and absolute discretion, Sponsor may reject any Photo that i) includes material or subject matter that is inappropriate, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, disparaging, unlawful, offensive, false or misleading, ii) depicts or promotes the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, or the use of firearms or weapons, or iii) includes personally identifying information or similarly defined personal information in applicable privacy legislation (“PII”) of any kind (this includes an image of an identifiable person), other than in circumstances where the entrant has obtained explicit consent from the individual to whom the PII relates. If the entrant cannot provide evidence that the individual has given such consent, the entry / Photo may be discounted;
• The Photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, trademark rights, image rights or that constitutes copyright infringement OR which otherwise is in violation of any applicable law which the Entrant is subject to in his/her jurisdiction;
• Entrants agree to not post, e-mail or otherwise submit anything that knowingly contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.