Applications are invited for 10 PhD Positions in the Plant Sciences within the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) Cologne & Düsseldorf. The studentships are open to highly qualified and motivated students from any nationality with an MSc (or equivalent) degree in a related subject.
Positions are available in various topics of the Plant Sciences, including Computational Biology, Plant Genetics, Structural Biology, Plant Immunity, Developmental Biology, Natural Variation.
User Review( votes)
The IMPRS has been established in 2002 and offers an international PhD programmed in English. Students are closely supervised through an advisory committee, receive professional training in transferable and applicable skills and are supported to share their scientific insights
The IMPRS is looking for highly qualified and motivated students from any nationality with an MSc (or equivalent) degree in a related subject. Applicants should have a proved track record of academic and research excellence and be fluent in written and spoken English.
• Application Deadline: January 4, 2019
• Course Level: The studentships are available to study PhD program.
• Study Subject: Positions are available in various topics of the Plant Sciences, including Computational Biology, Plant Genetics, Structural Biology, Plant Immunity, Developmental Biology, and Natural Variation. Have a look at the available projects here and name three favourite projects in the online application.
• Award: PhD researchers are fully funded through an initial 3-year working contract with the Max Planck Society with an option to extend. Salaries are competitive to national standards. The PhD degree is awarded through the University of Cologne which charges a tuition fee. The tuition fee covers training and mentoring opportunities at the University of Cologne as well as public transport throughout North Rhine-Westphalia.
• Nationality: Positions are available to students from all Nationalities.
• Number of scholarship: 10
• The award can be taken in Germany
• Eligible Countries: Positions are available to students from all Nationalities
• Entrance Requirement: Applications are invited from candidates who have completed or are in the process of completing a Master degree in a related field. Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date in mid-March.
• How to Apply: Apply by January 4, 2019, at gradschool.mpipz.mpg.de
• Only applications submitted through the online platform will be considered.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the MPIPZ for interviews on March 18-21, 2019
• Successful candidates will start their projects in autumn 2019 (favourable October 1, 2019)