The University of Oslo is offering 1-2 four-year postdoctoral fellowships in Educational Assessment and Measurement. The available positions are full time and with a duration of four years (25 % of which is devoted to teaching).
The main purpose of the fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
Well opportunity for Postdoctoral program in Norway.
User Review( votes)
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognized research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
Why at The University of Oslo? Oslo University is the leading European university and Norway’s largest. UIO is the home of outstanding research and offers a great variety of study options.
University or Organization: University of Oslo
Course Level: Postdoctoral program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in Norway
Application Deadline: Closed
Entrance Requirements: Qualification requirements
- Doctorate in education/psychology/social sciences with a thesis applying advanced quantitative methods or doctorate in quantitative methods/psychometrics/statistics (the thesis must be submitted by the application deadline; an appointment is dependent on the defense of the doctoral thesis being approved)
- Fellowships are awarded in Educational Assessment and Measurement.
- The publication record of high quality (how recent the Ph.D. has been finished will be taken into account)
- Plans for high-quality research in one of the areas outlined above. Research in the intersection between the two areas is also possible
- Preferably some teaching experience
- International students are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Personal suitability and willingness to collaborate with other team members at CEMO
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are required
In the evaluation of the qualified candidates, the full range of these criteria will be assessed. Emphasis will be given to high quality in terms of publications. A research profile related to the field of education is an advantage. However, applicants with a background from other fields are also welcome.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Cover letter, CV, 3-5 page description of research plans, a brief outline of teaching interests within CEMO’s Master program, a list of publications.
- Language Requirements: Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
Benefit: Salary NOK 499 600 – 569 000
A professionally stimulating working environment
Attractive welfare arrangements and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities.