The Center for Chinese Studies (CCS) is pleased to announce its research grant program for international candidates’ academic session 2023/2024.
The funding program is open to doctoral candidates in departments related to Chinese studies at foreign universities, as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes. This program is aimed at supporting research undertaken in Taiwan, with a primary focus on Taiwan or Chinese studies.
User Review( votes)
The Center for Chinese Studies (CCS) is an academic institution focused on the study of China’s language, history, culture, politics, economy, and society. CCS is typically housed within a university or research institute and offers various programs, courses, and resources for scholars, students, and the public interested in China-related topics.
Why should you choose this program? This program is an excellent opportunity for foreign doctoral candidates in departments related to Chinese studies at foreign universities, as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes, to conduct research in Taiwan on topics related to Taiwan or Chinese studies.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
- University or Organization: The Center for Chinese Studies (CCS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Up to NT$ 60,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all nations are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Participation in all CCS-organized academic research activity is required.
- When using CCS and National Central Library facilities, all regulations must be followed.
- By the end of a grantee’s research tenure, a research report or article must be submitted to CCS.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to fill out the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Form of application
- Curriculum vitae (containing publications list)
- Research Plan (There is no length limit, but try to be as clear as possible because the Grant Selection Committee will base its grant decision primarily on the research plan.)
- At least one recommendation letter
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- CCS will cancel research grants for grantees who fail to comply with Article 8.
- Scholars who obtain a scholarship under the Program must wait at least three years following the completion of their research studies before applying again.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- Applicants must be fluent in English language and have knowledge of the Chinese language.
Monthly grants are distributed on the following scale:
· Associate Professor NT$50,000
· Full Professor NT$60,000
· NT$40,000 for Assistant Professor
· NT$40,000 for a doctoral candidate
· For the duration of the award, NT$1 million in accidental death and disability insurance and NT$50,000 in medical treatment for each accident will be granted.