The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago is accepting applications from citizens of Trinidad and Tobago for its scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship is open to postgraduate students and the purpose of this study is to promote mutual understanding and collaboration between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT).
An incredible option to get financial assistance in China.
User Review( votes)
The Government of the People’s Republic of China is the central government of the People’s Republic of China, which is located in East Asia. It is one of the world’s largest and most powerful political entities, with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) serving as its ruling party.
Why should you choose this program? The scholarship program can provide students with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge in a particular field and acquire advanced skills that can be valuable in their future careers.
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
- University or Organization: The Government of the People’s Republic of China
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Trinidad and Tobago
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: Trinidad and Tobago ( Caribbean)
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be a Republic of Trinidad and Tobago citizen and not a permanent resident of another country.
- Have a university degree by the deadline for submitting applications to the Ministry of Education.
- To successfully complete the program, you must be in good physical and mental health.
- Be able to accept his/her scholarship as specified by the People’s Republic of China Government.
- If applying for an online program, you must agree to stay in the sponsoring country for the duration of your studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to apply by filling up the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Copies of academic certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
- Acceptance/enrollment confirmation from an academic institution.
- Copy of birth certificate (with affidavit if required).
- Copy of Proof of Name Change (if required).
- A copy of the relevant bio-data page from a valid Trinidad and Tobago passport is required. If this is not accessible, a copy of the Electoral Identification Card (front and back) would suffice.
- Individuals born outside of Trinidad and Tobago must present proof of citizenship (a copy) and residency.
- Applicants who are Public Officers must submit a signed letter from their Permanent Secretary/Head of Department stating that they have no pending disciplinary problems.
- Any more materials you generated that provide more insight into your study proposal.
- Admission Requirements:Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- To be considered for a scholarship nomination, candidates must have a minimum interview score of 50%.
- Prepare and submit a ‘online’ essay of no more than 750 words that includes the following
- A description of a developmental need that exists in Trinidad and Tobago.
- A description of a program of study that deals significantly with the need identified.
- A description of how exposure to the selected program of study will equip the candidate in meeting the identified need.
- If applying for a Master’s degree, you must have at least a Second Class Honors degree (Upper Division) or a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- If applying for a PhD, you must have at least a Second Class Honors (Upper Division) degree plus a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will generally be a Master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- Applicants must be fluent in the English Language.
Unless otherwise specified, the following payments will be provided by the Government of the People’s Republic of China:
- Tuition Accommodation
- Allowance for Books
- International Flights
- Allowance for Personal Use
- Compensation Allowance
- Salary Allowance (only for Permanently Appointed Public Officers); payment will be given by the GoRTT.