The University of Maine is delighted to offer Center for Cyber Safety and Education Undergraduate Scholarships for the year 2020. These Scholarships are open to the applicants who are pursuing or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
Interested security professionals have the opportunity to reduce their academic financial burden with their ISC Security Information Security graduate scholarship, which offers graduate students to study information security up to $ 5,000 per student.
User Review( votes)
The University of Maine is a public research university located in Orono, Maine, United States. The university was established in 1865 as a land grant college and is the flagship university of the University of Maine System.
- Deadline: February 24, 2020 12:00PM EST.
- Course Level: These scholarships are open to high school seniors and undergraduate students.
- Nationality: Citizen of any country (US citizenship not required) is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarship take in: the USA
- Eligible countries: Citizen of any country (US citizenship not required) is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: These Scholarships will be awarded for pursuing a degree with a focus on cyber-security or information assurance.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- You may be a senior in high school or an undergraduate student who is currently a junior, freshman, sophomore or senior who will be pursuing an undergraduate degree in the fall. If you will have graduated with your undergraduate degree by the fall then please apply for the (ISC)² Graduate Scholarship if appropriate.
- GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- Maybe attending on campus or online.
- Maybe attending full time or part-time
- Maybe attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however, no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
How to Apply:
To participate in this scholarship, applicants need to do register through the given link:
- Supporting Documents: the applicants will need to submit these required documents:
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- Note: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum. Do not include links to publications.
- Essay questions to be filled out in the application:
- Tell us why you should be chosen to receive this (ISC)² Cybersecurity Scholarship and what makes you stand out from your peers?
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and educational
- Describe why you chose your major and your goals for your academic career. What makes you a candidate for success in information security and what are your goals for your professional career.
- Describe any contributions to the cybersecurity field i.e., volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you. (Do not include links to articles)
- Tell us anything else you would like us to know about you in consideration of your application.
- Up to 20 scholarships will be awarded.
- Each scholarship award will be between $1,000 – $5,000
- Award/No Award notifications will be emailed in June 2020. All scholarships are administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
- Scholarships are a one-time award and must be re-applied for each year in order to be considered for another scholarship.