Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora Scholarship is now open for deserving students at Victoria University of Wellington. The program is designed for the academic session 2024/2025.
This scholarship is funded by Te Hau Kori – Centre for Physical Activity and Wellbeing and has been established to encourage participation in the new suite of postgraduate degrees.
User Review( votes)
These scholarships are for postgraduate students interested in studying in Physical Activity, Play, Active Recreation, Sport for Development and Public Health. We are offering scholarships at postgraduate certificate, diploma and masters level.
Victoria University of Wellington stands as a distinguished global-civic institution with a rich heritage of academic distinction. The university offers a conducive learning environment dedicated to supporting students in realizing their educational aspirations and goals.
Application Deadline: 10 February
University or Organization: Victoria University of Wellington
Department: Te Hau Kori – Centre for Physical Activity and Wellbeing
Course Level: All postgraduate
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Two
Nationality: Domestic Students
The award can be taken in the: New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Domestic Students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be accepted into the Certificate of Physical Activity and Hauora program
- Applicants must be domestic students
- Applicants must study part-time
- Applicants will be awarded the scholarship on the basis of approval from the co-directors of Te Hau Kori. Applications with financial hardship, M?ori and Pasifika backgrounds, athletes, and refugee status will be considered. Co-Directors of Te Hau Kori will decide on criteria for decision-making.
How to Apply
- Application Process: A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date for the application to be considered. Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date.
- Apply Online
- Scholarship Specific Documentation:
- Personal Statement (one page max.)
- CV (provided through the application for enrollment process)
Decisions on scholarship winners will be determined by panel review and discussion. The panel will be comprised of Co-Directors of Te Hau Kori.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
The value of the scholarship is $5,500 to be paid towards tuition fees for two years. Recipients are expected to complete a Progress Report.