The Chalmers University of Technology will award a Number of Awards funded by the Chalmers Foundation. The studentships are available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university’s stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master’s programmes.
User Review( votes)
Chalmers is a highly progressive university situated in Gothenburg, Sweden. From this beautiful and dynamic part of the world we have become known locally and globally for education, research and innovation with a wide range of applications.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing master degree at Chalmers University of Technology.
- Study Subject: The field/s of study to which the financial aid positions will be awarded is determined annually by the University President. For the academic year 2018/19 the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per each area of education from previous academic year.
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters/2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fees during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the program laureates
- Number of Awards: A number of opportunities are available.
- Nationality: Non-EU/EEA countries
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Non-EU/EEA countries are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- 1st year Master’s programme applicants
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The application is an online application, consisting of two steps. We encourage you to apply for programmes as soon as possible, but no later than 15 January 2019, since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. However, there is no correlation between how early an application is made and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship.
Note, You must first make an online application to one or several Master’s programmes at Chalmers at the website universityadmissions.se (see section 1-3 above). Each applicant is assigned an 8 digit application number (from your application for Master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se) and this number is required in order to complete the application (step 2 below).
Fill in and submit the request to require a personal link to the application form.You must make sure to use the same e-mail address as in your account at universityadmissions.se
The application is now closed. Request to require a personal link (opens in new window)
Soon after you have submitted the request (step 1), you will be sent a personal link to the application form. Please note that it may take a few days until you receive the link. If you have not received it, please check your junk mail.
Make sure to have your 8 digit application number (from your application for Master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se) at hand. This is of extreme importance, since your application is connected to your current application number on universityadmissions.se. The number will start with digit 1 and it is required in order to complete the application.
In this step you will also be prompted to submit a letter of (intent) motivation in your personal account at universityadmisisons.se. If you haven’t done it already, be sure to do so before 1st of Februar
Please note that the electronic application form is used only for the opportunity
s awarded by Chalmers. You may apply for multiple grants provided that the eligibility requirements are fulfilled.
All submitted data must be verifiable against the documents submitted as part of your Master’s programme application at universityadmissions.se
Your application will not be considered unless you have paid the application fee and uploaded required documents on universityadmissions.se by 1 February 2019. An incomplete application will not be considered.