The Chalmers University of Technology will award a number of scholarships funded by the Chalmers Foundation. Scholarships are available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university’s stature (including a position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master’s programs.
Great opportunity for Non-EU/EEA countries students.
User Review( votes)
Chalmers is a highly progressive university situated in Gothenburg, Sweden. From this beautiful and dynamic part of the world, they have become known locally and globally for education, research, and innovation with a wide range of applications.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2022
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing a master’s degree at the Chalmers University of Technology.
- Study Subject: The field/s of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President. For the academic year 2021/22, the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per each area of education from the previous academic year.
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters/2 year program)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fees during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
- Number of Scholarships: A number of scholarships are available.
- Nationality: Non-EU/EEA countries
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Non-EU/EEA countries are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- 1st year Master’s program applicants
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies
How to Apply: The scholarship application is an online application, consisting of two steps. They encourage you to apply for scholarships as soon as possible, but no later than 15 January 2022, since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. However, there is no correlation between how early an application is made and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship.
Note, You must first make an online application to one or several Master’s programs at Chalmers at the website universityadmissions.se (see section 1-3 above). Each applicant is assigned an 8 digit application number (from your application for Master’s programs at universityadmissions.se) and this number is required in order to complete the application (step 2 below).
Fill in and submit the request to require a personal link to the scholarship application form. You must make sure to use the same e-mail address as in your account at universityadmissions.se
The scholarship application is now closed. Request to require a personal link (opens in new window)
Soon after you have submitted the request (step 1), you will be sent a personal link to the scholarship application form. Please note that it may take a few days until you receive the link. If you have not received it, please check your junk mail.
Make sure to have your 8 digit application number (from your application for Master’s programs at universityadmissions.se) at hand. This is of extreme importance since your scholarship application is connected to your current application number on universityadmissions.se. The number will start with digit 1 and it is required in order to complete the application.
In this step, you will also be prompted to submit a letter of (intent) motivation in your personal account at universityadmisisons.se. If you haven’t done it already, be sure to do so before the 1st of February
Please note that the electronic application form is used only for the scholarships awarded by Chalmers. You may apply for multiple scholarships provided that the eligibility requirements are fulfilled.
All submitted data must be verifiable against the documents submitted as part of your Master’s program application at universityadmissions.se
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.