Wellcome Trust is offering mid-career fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine. This scheme helps mid-career researchers from low- and middle-income countries establish independent research programmes in those countries.
The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
Nice offer for students
User Review( votes)
The Wellcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, United Kingdom. It was established in 1936 with legacies from the pharmaceutical magnate Sir Henry Wellcome to fund research to improve human and animal health.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for an independent research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Public Health and Tropical Medicine.
- Awards: An Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine is for up to five years and cannot be renewed. It can be held on a part-time basis. Support includes:
- A basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- Personal removal expenses
- Research expenses, directly related to your proposal
Scholarship can be taken in Low- and middle-income countries.
Students can apply for an Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if they:
- Are a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Have a PhD or a degree in medicine and are qualified to enter higher specialist training
- Have three to six years of postdoctoral experience.
- If they don’t have a PhD or degree in medicine, Welcome Trust may still consider them if they have a first or Master’s degree and can show substantial research experience.
Students must also:
- Have a strong track record in your area of research and show the potential to become a scientific leader
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country
- Have a research proposal that is within the public health and tropical medicine remit.
Nationality: Researchers from low- and middle-income countries can apply for these fellowships.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT). Stages of application
- Submit preliminary application
- Submit full application
- External peer review
Application Deadline: April 7, 2021