Charles Wallace India Trust Awards are available to mid-career practitioners in Arts and Heritage Conservation. The grant generally from 2–3 months up to a maximum of a year and cover accommodation and living costs in the UK, fees and a contribution to international fares.
Every year CWIT offers up to 10 long term awards, aiming at giving early to mid-career practitioners a chance to study or gain wider experience and exposure.
User Review( votes)
CWIT enables Indians in the early to mid stages of their careers to spend time in the UK, helping them to achieve artistic, academic and professional ambitions and to broaden their international contacts.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Applicants from India are eligible to apply for these awards.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen living in India
- Be aged between 25 and 38
- Have a first degree, diploma or professional qualification in their specialization. CWIT prefers applicants with significant working experience
- Have not received a CWIT grant within the last five years.
- CWIT covers the following Arts and Heritage Conservation fields of study: Arts
- Visual Arts
- Performance, e.g. Dance, Drama, Music, Directing
- Film – including Script Writing and Direction
- Design (but not Architecture)
- Art History
- Conservation architecture
- Management of heritage projects or sites
- Conservation of materials such as timber, stone, metal (including metal structures, armor, and artifacts), paintings, photographs, and film. Internships for painting conservators are sometimes hosted at the Tate conservation department. Inquiries to [email protected]
- Conservation of landscape
- Management of museums and collections
- Engineering, in relation to conservation of heritage buildings and structures
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Your application form should include a Statement of Purpose (not more than 2 pages), stating clearly which course you plan to follow, what you want to do in the UK and how you plan to put this into use on returning to India.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Statement of Purpose, An IELTS Certificate, Portfolio submission where appropriate in either CD/DVD or hard copy format, Evidence of unconditional acceptance on the course, program, attachment or internship.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Candidates need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.