The US-SLFC is awarding Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Award for Sri Lankan Citizens. This award is available for pursuing postdoctoral research and/or lecturing at a U.S. university or research institution.
The Fulbright program aims at fostering bi-lateral relationships and bringing the people of the United States and people of Sri Lankan closer together. The Fulbright program promotes mutual understanding between the United States and Sri Lanka through educational and cultural exchange programs.
Fabulous Award for Sri Lankan Citizens.
User Review( votes)
Awards are for pursuing postdoctoral research in the areas available at U.S. universities or research institutions. When an application is forwarded to your department for affiliation, it is important to determine whether or not the department has research interests and facilities consistent with the project outlined by the scholar.
- Be a Sri Lankan citizen and have resided in Sri Lanka for a minimum of 2 years at the time of applying for this award.
- This award is available for pursuing postdoctoral research and/or lecturing at a U.S. university or research institution.
- Possess a Ph.D. from a recognized university.
- Demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the proposed field
- Demonstrate a clear rationale for conducting the proposed research in the U.S.
- Possess a letter of invitation from a host institution in the U.S.*
- Possess a letter of approval of leave from employer for the period of the grant
- Applicants from universities will be required to utilize air travel funds from their institutions
- Age: All things being equal, preference will be given to applicants who are not close to retirement
- Must not be applying for or holding a permanent resident visa (green card) in the United States; must not be a dual U.S/Sri Lanka citizen, and must not hold a work or resident visa in another country
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Award application must be submitted online. Please fill in the application for the “Fulbright Visiting Scholar Programme” found at the site called – “the official online application for the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program”.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be uploaded to the online application within the section “Project Proposal” in the online application.
Benefit: 6 months. Start and end dates of the award should fall between 1st of August 2020 and 30th of September 2021.
Application Deadline: October 01, 2019