Being a member of the CHASE Doctoral Training Partnership, the University of Sussex is very honoured to announce the CHASE AHRC Studentship Scheme for Arts and Humanities Research.
These studentships are open to UK and Overseas/International students who want to pursue a PhD degree study at the University of Sussex for the academic year 2023-2024. Selected applicants will receive a stipend to cover living expenses of £17,668 along with access to further funds for research expenses.
Wonderful opportunity for international students to complete higher education in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sussex is a public research university located in Falmer, East Sussex, England, ranking 163rd in Best Global Universities. The university is one of the top public universities in Brighton, United Kingdom and is also ranked 240th in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Sussex? The University of Sussex gives its students tremendous opportunities to change the world with their education. The university has a reputation for outstanding research and teaching, with excellent job prospects while offering its students study in a vibrant coastal city with a global community, situated amongst beautiful countryside.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 9th December 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £17,668
- Number of Awards: 17
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from the UK, EU, and Ireland are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree study in the field of arts and humanities taught at the University of Sussex can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be UK national who has been living in the UK or EU for three years prior to starting your course.
- The applicants must be EU national with Settled Status.
- The applicants must be EU national with Pre-Settled status who has been living in the UK or EU for three years before starting your course.
- The applicants must be students who will indefinitely leave to remain in the UK.
- The applicants must be Irish national (due to a reciprocal agreement with the UK).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to submit an admission application In which they are to indicate in the Finance/Funding section that they intend to apply for a CHASE scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Certificate copy of academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Letter of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the PhD program they wish to join at Sussex.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- PTE – 62
- Duolingo – 115
- CAE – 176
- CPE – 176
The winning candidates will be awarded PhD studentships by the University of Sussex that will cover PhD fees (international or UK level) and a tax-free maintenance allowance of £17,668 and support funding for conferences, placements, research travel, training courses, etc.