The University of Sydney and the China Scholarship Council have set up the University of Sydney China Scholarship Council Postgraduate Research Scholarship to allow high-caliber postgraduate research students to carry out full-degree PhD studies in Australia.
Chinese candidates are specially offered this scholarship towards a PhD programme offered at the University of Sydney. Candidates that meet the requirements of CSC and the Australian government will be deemed eligible for this fully-funded grant.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university ranked 27th in Best Global Universities that believe in education for all and leadership that improves lives in all of the communities served.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is an Australian university that ranks in the top 50 universities in the world. It is internationally known to be a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability. It harbors exquisite excellence in research and teaching. It is highly dedicated to supporting students throughout their journey at the University of Sydney.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2021
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: $22,800
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: People’s Republic of China.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate research degree programmes taught at University of Sydney are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants should be eligible to enter PhD studies at the University of Sydney without further preparatory study.
- The applicants must satisfy the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection requirements for the issue of a student visa for postgraduate research.
- The applicants must complete a formal application for admission to a PhD program at the University of Sydney and receive an unconditional admission offer.
- The applicants must be offered a tuition fee scholarship by the University of Sydney.
- The applicants should satisfy any additional selection criteria set out by the China Scholarship Council.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the postgraduate research programme at the University of Sydney are accepted through its online portal. Tuition fee scholarship applications can be made here, while other application forms can be obtained from the official website of CSC.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide the following support documents:
- Official academic transcripts in the original language and English translation.
- Research Proposal
- Two referee
- Student Visa
- Admission Requirements: The students must have a bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honors or a master’s degree performed at a high academic standard, and which includes a substantial component of research or an equivalent qualification that demonstrates research experience, excellence, and capability.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 96
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic – 68
The selected students will be provided the following benefits:
- Tuition fee scholarship to cover tuition fees (course fees)
- Living allowance as prescribed by the Chinese Government (currently approx. AUD $22,800 per annum)
- Minimum cost international airfare from China to Sydney, and return on expiry of the scholarship
- Cost of an Australian student visa application fee
- Cost of Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the scholarship