In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Derby is offering Great Scholarships to international students in the UK.
The scholarship programme offers financial support of £11,000 to eligible students to pursue one-year postgraduate study at the University of Derby.
Nice offer for international students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Why study at the University of Derby? The University of Derby focuses on employability, cutting-edge facilities, and excellent teaching. The Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework give it a gold rating, while the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 ranks it in the top 20 for teaching quality. In addition, the university provides industrial experience and practical, hands-on learning to ensure that students’ courses are relevant to their future lives.
Application Deadline: 1 June 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Derby
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: £11,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from China, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Thailand.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Postgraduate degree offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be a citizen of a GREAT target country
- Motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- Active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the University of Derby
- Willing to embody the University of Derby experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for the University of Derby, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfillment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply by submitting an online application at the university and then they can complete their application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents-
- As part of your application, you will need to include an essay of no more than 500 words about a topic you have studied previously and why you found it interesting. This topic should be related to or have inspired you to apply for your chosen degree programme. This essay will be part of the shortlisting criteria, alongside previous academic achievement, and the potential you show.
- Officially evaluated institutional transcripts
- Scanned copy of the valid passport
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must follow the entry requirements and must hold a previous Bachelor’s degree with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must complete the language requirements of the university.
The University of Derby will provide the amount of £11,000 towards the postgraduate study of international applicants.