Applications are invited for the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program to pursue bachelor, master, and doctoral degree programs at Xiamen University in China. Non-Chinese students can apply for these scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program
Amazing opportunity for students to get financial assistance in China.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1921, the University of Xiamen is one of the famous institutions selected as the main national universities in China. It is a great teaching and research institute presenting 82 undergraduate programs. XMU has launched multiple English-medium programs for global students to improve its internationalization. These programs are taught in English and desire to produce high-level multinational professionals with a solid professional foundation plus a good knowledge of Chinese society and culture.
Why study at Xiamen University? The University has a strong team of faculty and staff that provides a fairly complete range of educational programs to the students. The university has recruited many top-level professors, many of whom are prominent scientists and principal scholars. XMU actively participates in exchange programs and collaborative research projects and regularly hosts international symposia to enlarge the skills of its students.
Application Deadline: Applications are open from January to April 2023.
- University or Organization: Xiamen University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Degree
- Award: Tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Degrees Programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, economics, law, management, education, history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, physically and mentally.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1):
- Bachelor’s programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
- Master’s programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35;
- Doctoral programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
- General scholar programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 45;
- Senior scholar programs: hold a master’s degree or above and under 50.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should apply to the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy at Xiamen University.
- Applicants shall complete an online application and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
- Applicants should submit all application materials to the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy before the deadline.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit their High school diploma or Certificate of Expected Graduation, Academic transcripts for high school studies, A Letter of Recommendation, a Personal statement, and a scanned copy of a valid regular passport.
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet the admission requirements of the university of preference in terms of language proficiency and academic ability. Applicants must check out the entry requirement:
- For admission to a Bachelor’s degree
- For admission to a Master’s degree
- For admission to a Doctoral degree
- Language Requirement: Applicants must submit the English proficiency certificate; (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above.
Xiamen University will provide all the following:
- Tuition fees,
- Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy,
- Stipend: Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month, Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month, and Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance: CNY 800 per person per year and CNY 400 per person (for programs lasting less than six months)