To encourage and support student’s academic excellence in Southern Africa, the Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM) offers the Eswatini Girls in ICT Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
The ESCCOM has initiated a ‘Girls in ICT’ Development Program for young ladies interested in pursuing an Information, Communications, and Technology (ICT) related profession. This scholarship aims to cultivate the presence and digital skills of young women and girls (aged 17-24) in the career field of STEM, particularly ICT.
Girls in ICT Scholarship
Great offer for female candidates.
User Review( votes)
The Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM) is the regulatory body liable for handling the communications sector in Eswatini, including telecommunication benefits and networks, publishing services, postal services, and the use and distribution of radio spectrum. It emanates its grant from the Swaziland Communications Commission Act no. 10 of 2013.
Application Deadline: 16th January 2023
- University or Organization: Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM)
- Department: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: Fully funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Southern Africa
- Eligible Countries: Domestic Students can apply for this scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for an undergraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics subjects offered by the
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Citizen of Eswatini
- Aged seventeen (17) or above, up to a maximum of twenty-four (24)
- The candidate should have credited Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) related Subjects
- Acceptance letter for an ICT-related undergraduate degree from an accredited local or South African Higher Learning Institution
- Must be of good conduct, hardworking, and have excellent academic results
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities, such as sports, community service, etc.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for this program by registering on the official site. After that, Qualifying young girls are requested to submit the following application documents to scholarship-at-esccom.org.sz by Email.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents:
- Two-page motivation letter, including educational and professional goals, achievements, and Statement of results. Conditional or acceptance letter from an accredited higher learning institution.
- Admission Requirements: Candidate should have credited Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) related Subjects and an acceptance letter for an ICT-related undergraduate degree from an accredited local or South African Higher Learning Institution.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in the local and English languages.
The program will provide all the following:
- Fully- funded tuition
- Transport fees to and from, payable once every year
- Study Permit costs, where applicable
- Medical aid, where applicable
- Prescribed textbooks
- Monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses
- The scholarship holder will be expected to participate in two (2) annual initiatives promoted by ESCCOM, namely the international ‘Girls in ICT’ Commemoration and Cyber Security Awareness Campaigns, among other initiatives.