The new Chinese government award- Changchun University of Science and Technology Program is now available on offer for Non-Chinese students in China.
This is a fully-funded position established by MOE to support Changchun University of Science and Technology to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
User Review( votes)
Changchun University of Science and Technology is a key university in China, previously known as Changchun Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics. The university was found by the former vice chairman of China Association for Science and Technology and the founder of the Chinese Optical Society, Wang Daheng in 1958 in Changchun, Jilin, China. The IEEC of CUST is an organization specially engaged in enrolling international students and in charge of the educative matters.
- Applications Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Master and Doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Awards:
- Tuition waiver;
- Medical insurance
- Master’s students & general scholars: CNY 3,000;
- Doctoral students & senior scholars: CNY 3,500.
- Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
- Note: Scholarship recipients registering before the 15th of the registration month (the 15th included) will be granted the full living allowance of that month. Recipients registering after the 15th of the registration month will be granted half of the living allowance of that month. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
- Nationality: Available to citizens of a country other than the People’s Republic of China
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not known
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: a. Applicants directly apply to Changchun University of Science and Technology. Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/universitydetailen.aspx?collegeId=177 or http://ieec.cust.edu.cn/ for more information.
- Recommended candidates must finish the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students. Please go to http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/or www.campuschina.org and click Application Online for International Students, complete the required information, submit the completed Application Form for Chinese government award online and print a hard copy.
- A package of complete application documents (Please check Application Documents for the detailed checklist.) must be submitted to Changchun University of Science and Technology before the deadline.
Please note CSC does not accept any individual application other than the recommended applications from Changchun University of Science and Technology. Please pay attention to the Agency Number of Changchun University of Science and Technology and it is ‘10186’.
Application Documents (in duplicate)
- Application Form for Chinese government award (in Chinese or English?.
- Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words.
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua%20or http://www.campuschina.org). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate) and sent directly to Changchun University of Science and Technology, who will forward the nominated documents to CSC before April 30th. No application documents will be returned.