International students are given an excellent opportunity to undertake higher education at the University of Queensland. Students can apply for the CIRES PhD International Scholarships in Interpretable AI Theory and Practice for the academic year 2022-2023.
This PhD project focuses on researching interpretable machine learning algorithms to understand how black-box models behave and provide theoretical foundations for algorithmic safety.
Amazing opportunity for applicants to study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1909, the University of Queensland is a public research university located primarily in Brisbane, the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland. It is one of the six sandstone universities, an informal designation of the oldest university in each state. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and higher doctorate degrees through a college, a graduate school, and six faculties. UQ was recently ranked 38th out of all the world’s universities.
Why study at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland has the kind of professionals that share the same passion for excellence in education as the students at Queensland. UQ offers a range of services to empower applicants with the skills and education to plan for their future careers and effectively change from candidates into professionals.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 10 April 2022
- University or Organization: The University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $34,938
- Number of Awards: Various
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate research in Arts, humanities and social sciences, Business and Economics, Computer science and IT, Education, Engineering, Health, and Medicine, Science and mathematics
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Meet the entry requirements for Higher Degrees by Research at UQ
- Be nominated by the Principal Advisor and enrolling school or institute at UQ.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be empowered with this scholarship, you have to take admission at the university. After that, please get in touch with Dr. Fred Roosta-Khorasani ([email protected]) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- An academic CV assists us in determining your readiness to commence a higher degree by research.
- An academic transcript
- A degree certificate
- References letter of recommendation
- Proof of citizenship if you are not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand by birth.
- Admission Requirements: Before starting your education, you must meet the university’s requirements.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
Winners will receive the amount of $34 $34,938 per annum (2022 rate), indexed annually at the University of Queensland in Australia.