The University of Sussex is participating in the COP26 scholarships program, offering applications for the Climate Leaders Scholarships to new students in 2023.
The awards program is open for domestic students commencing undergraduate, master, or PhD in September 2023. Selected winners will receive a £3,000 cash award per year of full-time study.
Nice offer to study at the USussex with a £3,000 cash award.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sussex offers over 200 master’s degrees, diplomas, and PGCE courses and 200 bachelor courses from 46 subject areas to choose from. Since its foundation in 1961, it has a reputation for outstanding research and teaching nationally and globally.
Why study at the University of Sussex? Studying at Sussex allows students to change the world. It has an ambitious strategic goal to be one of the most sustainable universities in the world. Research at Sussex makes a difference and is internationally recognized for drawing together leading academics from different disciplines.
Application Deadline: 1 July 2023, 23:59.
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Master or PhD
- Award: £3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: At least 5
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: the United Kingdom
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will be awarded for the full-time UG, PG (taught), or PG (research) study in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a UK students classified as ‘Home’ for fees and have accepted a place on an eligible Undergraduate, Master, or PhD, commencing in September 2023
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their personal track record of being an environmental influencer and bringing about real-world change in the climate crisis.
- Applicants must be able to commit to collaboration with the University and the local community to encourage pledges to net zero and tackle the climate crisis.
How to Apply
Apply for an undergraduate degree or master’s.
- How to Apply: Submit a scholarship application after receiving and accepting an offer of a place on a course at Sussex. Applicants can be from any discipline.
- Apply for the Undergraduate scholarship.
- Apply for the Postgraduate scholarship.
- Before applying, applicants must have received an offer of a place in an undergraduate or master’s degree at Sussex to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must prepare all the following to support their application:
- A personal statement.
- Degree certificates.
- A transcript of their grades.
- English language qualification, if appropriate.
- At least one academic reference from their most recent university or referee’s contact details.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the entry requirements (undergraduate and master) to study at the University of Sussex.
- Language Requirement: All teaching at Sussex is in English, and applicants must be sufficiently fluent in English to be able to benefit from their education. Applicants need to meet the English language requirements (undergraduate and master).
- The University of Sussex will award £3,000 cash per year of full-time study.
- Successful applicants are also provided with mentoring support and invited to co-organize an annual event to engage and educate students and the wider community in tackling the climate crisis.