The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is offering Early Career Fellowships, Intermediate Fellowships, and Senior Fellowships. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is a £160 million initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK, and Department of Biotechnology, India. The broad aim of the India Alliance is to build excellence in the Indian biomedical scientific community by supporting future leaders in the field.
- Application Deadline: February 7, 2018
- Course Level: There are three types of fellowships available: Early Career Fellowship, Intermediate Fellowship, and Senior Fellowship.
- Study Subject: Clinical and Public Health Research Fellowship schemes.
- Scholarship Award: The 5-year Fellowship support provides:
- Interested clinicians the opportunity to pursue their research goals in combination with their clinical duties
- Competitive personal support
- Generous research support with flexibility to accommodate requirements of clinical and public health research
- Flexibility to request additional support staff
- Support training cost and research sabbatical
- Funds for International training and travel
- Opportunity to pursue a PhD on the India Alliance-funded research
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Eligibility limit covers the entire range of Clinical and Public Health Research Fellowship schemes.
- No age or nationality restrictions.
- The candidates need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to establish an independent research career in India.
- Clinicians and Public health researchers do not require a PhD to apply.
- This competition is open to clinicians and public health researchers with up to 15 years of post-MD/MS/MPH/ PhD or equivalent clinical/public health research experience.
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record. Please refer to the guidance notes, provisions and mandate of the scheme for assessing your eligibility on the website. The office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme accordingly.
- Early Career Fellowship: For those applicants who have shown promise to pursue research and wish to further their efforts to build a research career under the supervision of a Fellowship Supervisor. Guidance note: Suitable for applicants in the final year MD/MS/MPH/ PhD or have up to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate Fellowship: For those applicants who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting-edge research and wish to establish their own independent clinical/public health research program in India. Guidance note: Suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of relevant experience.
- Senior Fellowship: For those applicants who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research. Guidance note: Suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of relevant experience.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application forms will be available on the India Alliance Online application System (IASys) at the website.