The English as a Second Language (ESL) Bursary is offered by the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS) as a support program for international graduate students who would like to strengthen their English skills by taking a course offered through the Language Centre.
The aim of the bursary is to support applicants who must be registered as a full-time international graduate student in good standing at the University of Saskatchewan in a degree program to hold the bursary.
The University of Saskatchewan (U of S) is a Canadian public research university, founded in 1907, and located on the east side of the South Saskatchewan River in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Application Deadline: Fall term (September – December) – August 1st annually, Winter term (January – April) – December 1st annually, Spring/Summer term (May-August) – March 1st annually
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for Graduate students.
- Study Subject: ESL bursaries will be available for the following courses:
- Spoken English (general speaking and listening skills)
- Effective Writing and Grammar (reading or general writing and grammar skills)
- Graduate-Level Writing
- Scholarship Award: Varies depending on classes
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the bursary
- Number of Scholarships: Varies
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the bursary
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a graduate student
- English Language Requirements: You must have met the minimum English proficiency requirements at the University of Saskatchewan.
How to Apply:
- Download and complete Sections I-IV of the application form. The applicant’s supervisor or Graduate Chair must complete Section V.
- All four pages of the application must be submitted together by the deadline for Graduate Awards & Scholarships. It can be delivered to our office or emailed to us using the information given below.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for the competition.