University System of Maryland (USM) and University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is offering free online course on Cloud Computing for Enterprises. The course is suitable for those who have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and basic understanding of computer networking.
In this eight-week course, applicants will understand cloud computing technologies and how they can increase business productivity and effectiveness. The course will start on Starts on May 31, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University System of Maryland (USM), University of Maryland University College (UMUC) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on Starts on May 31, 2017
The University System of Maryland (USM) is the state of Maryland’s public higher education system. The USM consists of three Research Universities, three Historically Black Institutions, four Traditional Comprehensive Institutions, two Regional Education Centers; one Specialized Research institution, and one “Virtual” Institution specializing in online and distance education, and a system office.
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) specializes in educating busy professionals like you. We are a public state university offering career-relevant, affordable education that fits your life. You can earn most degrees and certificates entirely online.
About This Course
Organizations are increasingly moving their critical information and assets to the cloud. Understand the technology, best practices, and economics of cloud computing, and the rewards and risks of this rush to the cloud.
In this course, part of the Cloud Computing MicroMasters program, you will learn the essentials of cloud computing, including Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), Platform As A Service (PaaS), Software As A Service (SaaS), and other “X as a service” platforms.
Why Take This Course?
You will explore how the cloud can support businesses by increasing productivity and effectiveness.
- Investigate various cloud computing technologies and providers including public, private and hybrid clouds
- Analyze the applications of cloud technologies to business
- Develop strategies to enhance organizational effectiveness using cloud technologies
- Evaluate the cost benefits of cloud adoption
Dr. Jeff Tjiputra
Dr. Tjiputra is the Chair of the Cloud Computing Architecture program at University of Maryland University College.
Dr. Thomas Underhill
Dr. Underhill is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at University of Maryland University College, and a Senior Director, Cloud Operations at Oracle Corporation.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Basic understanding of computer networking
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)