The CMCRC is inviting applicants for the PhD Positionsfor high-calibre applicants for the academic year 2020-21.
The Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC) is a very successful research centre that has won prizes for its research and has already spun-off several businesses. The CMCRC’s research is supported by government, industry partners, security exchanges, and regulators in Australia, the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and North America.
Amazing opportunity for students.
User Review( vote)
The CMCRC provides an exciting, high calibre, and well-resourced research environment for work in capital markets and health insurance research. The objective is to create better markets locally, regionally, and globally. CMCRC research is about providing a better understanding of markets (their operation and their price behaviour) and to conduct research which facilitates the provision of advances in technology.
- Candidates must have a 1st class Honours degree or a Masters degree with a major research component, an exceptional academic record, strong written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to work in a team environment.
- The successful applicants will work closely with one or more industry partners, and consequently must be flexible with regard to their research topic, as this is determined by the industry sponsor. Students will be enrolled at one of the CMCRC’s partner universities or an overseas university associated with the CMCRC.
- Programmes currently operate under the following research themes:
- market design and market behaviour, including market surveillance and compliance
- health and accident compensation insurance
- algorithmic and high-frequency trading
- investment management
- data mining/ text mining and natural language processing
How to Apply: Applicants can fill the online application form.
Benefits: The grants of up to $50,000 pa will be offered.
Application Deadline: Open