New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship
To be eligible for a scholarship students must:
• Be international students
• Please note that citizens of Fiji may not apply for the NZIDRS until further notice.
• Hold an ‘A’ average or equivalent in their studies to date
• Meet the requirements for entry into a research based doctoral degree programme at a New Zealand university. (Please note, this will include proof of English Language proficiency.)
• Provide: An Educational Credential Evaluation (ECE) Certificate. See ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for further information including contact details for ECE and exceptions.
• Provide evidence that they have been in contact with the relevant department of their chosen institution and discussed their proposed research, research interests and the availability of appropriate supervision.
• Hold one of the following English language test scores, achieved no longer than two (2) years prior to the time of application:
• An IELTS Academic Test with an overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6; or
• A TOEFL test score of at least 575, including a score of 4.5 in the Test of Written English; or
• A score of 233 in the Computer based TOEFL, including an Essay Writing score of 4.5; or
• An overall score of 100 in the Internet based TOEFL; or
• Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Grade B;
• Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) – Grade C
Applications will be considered from international doctoral students who meet the above criteria, including those who have already applied for entry to a New Zealand university. A limited number of opportunities are available to students already enrolled at a New Zealand university.
User Review( votes)
For International Students interested in pursuing Doctoral Research in NZ
VALUE OF AWARD:
Varies, See regulations
NO OF AWARDS:
Up to 40
Up to 3 years of full time study for a doctoral research degree
PURPOSE OF AWARD:
Funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand, the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS), are a significant educational opportunity.
The grants provide financial support for international students undertaking doctoral degrees by research in New Zealand universities.
GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION FORMS FROM:
Education NZ website www.newzealandeducated.com/scholarships or
Education NZ email address