CMU Portugal opens call for applications to eight Dual Degree PhD Positionsin the Portugal and USA. Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this application programme.
The Carnegie Mellon Portugal Program is an education, research, and innovation platform that connect Portuguese research institutions, universities and companies in cooperation with Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), aiming at placing Portugal at the forefront of science and innovation in key focused areas of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT).
Amazing opportunity for applicants.
User Review( votes)
All students whose native language is not English or have not earned an undergraduate degree from a U.S. educational institution must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Scores are sent directly to CMU.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Below is a list of fields of doctoral programs available through the CMU Portugal Program and their respective application deadlines. Each link will take you to an overview of each doctoral program, containing also a link to the application home page.
- Computer Science (CS); Computer Science: Robotics (CS-R); Language Technologies (LTI); Software Engineering (SE), Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE); Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Engineering and Public Policy (EPP)
- Applied Mathematics
- Technological Change and Entrepreneurship (TCE).
- Award: André Martins, who completed his Ph. D. in Language Technologies in 2011, in the scope of the CMU Portugal Program, recently received a European Research Council grant worth € 1.4 million euros. In Portugal, the student is covered by the FCT scholarship contract. When at CMU, the stipend of the student is covered by a different contract with CMU, which is also funded by FCT.
- Number of Awards: Up to eight opportunities are available.
- The award can be taken in Portugal and the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
Any interested candidate should confirm the exact admissions procedures with Carnegie Mellon University for the specific dual degree Ph. D. Program they are interested in.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Prospective students apply directly to the program they are interested in.
- The CMU Portugal Program has a decentralized admission process. Each Ph. D. program manages its own application process. To apply, determine which dual degree Ph. D. Program you are interested in and then apply directly to that program as instructed on its webpage. The application deadline varies depending on the selected Ph. D. program.
- There is funding available within the CMU Portugal Program.
- English Language Requirements: In Portugal, this test can be taken in Lisbon and Coimbra. To meet the application deadline, we recommend applicants to take the required tests by September. GRE Scores are valid for five years; older scores will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Closed