The College of Humanities at the University of Exeter is delighted to announce the fully-funded PhD Global Excellence Studentship for the best candidates.
The University of Exeter organizes its academic and administrative departments into six academic colleges. The College of Humanities is a part of this university that offers research degree programs and a lot of career opportunities available for student’s right after graduation.
Why at College of Humanities? The college will give you in-depth knowledge and passion for your chosen subject as well as highly sought after skills by employers. Here students will be able to grow and refine these skills through opportunities such as work experience.
Application Deadline: March 2, 2020
- University: University of Exeter
- Department: College of Humanities
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD studentships are available to support any excellent project connecting with, or across, our disciplines: Archaeology, Art History and Visual Culture, Classics and Ancient History, Drama, English, Film Studies, History, Modern Languages and Theology and Religion.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have a good first degree (at least 2.1, or international equivalent) in a relevant field of humanities, and have obtained, or are currently working towards a Master’s degree at Merit level, or international equivalent, in a relevant field of humanities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply online using this application portal, where you will be able to submit your research proposal.
- Supporting Documents: You will be asked to submit some personal details and upload a full CV, letter of application, research proposal with supervisor agreed in principle, two academic references, and if relevant, proof of your English language proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission at the university, applicants are required to meet the entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project.
The studentships will be for a period of up to 3 years (36 months), dependent on satisfactory progress, and will cover full tuition fees and an annual maintenance grant of £15,009.