Columbia University is offering free online course on Marketing Analytics. In this course applicants will learn how analytics help businesses drive marketing to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI).
Applicants will develop quantitative models that leverage business data to forecast sales and support important marketing decisions. The course will start on September 17, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 12 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Columbia University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $375
Session: Course Starts on September 17, 2018
Columbia University is one of the world’s most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis.
About This Course
Marketers want to understand and forecast how customers purchase products and services and how they respond to marketing initiatives. Learn how analytics help businesses drive marketing to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI).
In this course, part of the Business Analytics MicroMasters program, discover how to develop quantitative models that leverage business data, statistical computation, and machine learning to forecast sales and marketing impact for:
- Customer relationship management;
- Market segmentation;
- Value creation;
Why Take This Course?
You will learn how to use probabilistic models and optimization tools to model customer demand forecasts, pricing sensitivity, Lifetime Value and how to leverage such data to make optimal decisions on designing new products, marketing segmentation and strategy.
Skills acquired after the course:
- Demand forecasting using customer-base models and statistical approaches
- Market segmentation methods and best practices for identifying potential customer segments and focused targeting
- Computation of Customer Lifetime Value for analyzing customer, brand loyalty and forecasting revenue in the short and long run
- Factors to consider while designing and introducing new products to the market
- Calculating Optimal Pricing for products and services to get the best ROI
- Assessing Marketing ROI for making better and data-driven decisions
Week 1: Introduction to Marketing Analytics
Week 2: Customer Lifetime Value and CR
Week 3: Preference measurement: Conjoint Analysis, Value Mapping
Week 4: Choice Models: Logistic and Multinomial Logit
John Howard Professor of Business and Chair of the Marketing Division, Columbia University
William T. Dillard Professor of Marketing, Columbia University
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)