With the collaboration of the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and LSHTM, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is administrating the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships (PH4D) at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK
Nice offer for international students to study in the UK with a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1899, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a recognized research-led postgraduate medical school with an excellent team and scholar residents. It is a constituent institute of the University of London specializing in general health and Tropical medicine. The primary purpose of this school is to enhance fitness and health equity in the UK and worldwide.
Why at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine? The LSHTM is a world-leading hub for analysis, postgraduate multitude, and international fitness education. It delivers different fosters of national and international meeting attendance by researchers in the later phases, which delivers networking possibilities.
Application Deadline: 13th December 2022
- University or Organization: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Department: MSc Public Health for Development
- Course Level: Master’s Degree
- Award: Various
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: Developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, and Zambia are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in MSc Public Health for Development Master Degree program offered by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country or be British Protected Persons.
- Applicants must be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Applicants must be available to start their academic studies in the UK at the start of the 2023-24 academic years (September 2023).
- Applicants must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard or a lower second class level (2:2) plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master‡s degree) by September 2023.
- Applicants must not have studied for one academic year or more in a high-income country (for CSC purposes, this is classified as a country that does not appear on the DAC list of ODA recipients).
- Applicants must not have worked for one year or more in a high-income country (for CSC purposes, this is classified as a country that does not appear on the DAC list of ODA recipients).
- Applicants must confirm that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK without this application .
- Applicants must commit to return to their home country within one month of the end of their award.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in to the application portal of the university the school is affiliated with and submit their admission applications. Applications are to be made here.
- Supporting Documents: The following documentation is required from the students:
- Full contact details
- Qualification details
- Employment details
- Copy of passport (photo page) or EU National ID card
- Referees‡ details (full names and email addresses)
- Statement (one for each course applied for, maximum 500 words per statement)
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates / relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of English language ability (if applicable)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must read all the entry requirements before applying to the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue their proposed course of study and meet LSHTM‡s English language proficiency requirements.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine will provide all the following:
- CSC-approved air ticket from the nearest international airport in the student‡s home country to London and return air ticket at the end of the award for the student.
- MSc Public Health for Development tuition fees (at the overseas fee rate, and including the mandatory field trip fee)
- GBP 1,516.00 monthly maintenance stipend (London metropolitan area rate)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Reimbursement of mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test fees, when required for a visa application, at a pre-determined amount set by the CSC.
- Grants to contribute towards study-related costs (thesis grant and study travel grant)
- Excess baggage allowance for return home up to the specific rate as set by the CSC
- Disability Support Allowance for personal living costs (if eligible)
- For Scholars who are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, a child allowance of GBP 529.00 per month for the first child, and GBP 131.00 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if the children accompany the student and are living with them at the same address in the UK.