The Claussen-Simon-Stiftung, the Hamburg State Opera and the Institut für kulturelle Innovationsforschung at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg are inviting for applications for a two-year composition and doctoral scholarships.
The award is intended for a composer interested in a doctoral project with a combined artistic and academic focus and who wants to obtain the Doctor of Music degree from the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg.
User Review( votes)
The Claussen Simon Foundation aims to promote science, research, education, art and culture and is based in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Citizens of Germany are eligible to apply.
- The requirements for the award candidate include outstanding skills in contemporary music theatre production, exceptional reflective ability and a particular interest in obtaining a doctorate.
- The applicant to carry out academic and artistic research and qualifies her/him to obtain a doctorate, moreover German language skills level B1 (DAF).
- Award is available in the field of Music.
How to Apply
To be considered to apply, candidates must be part of the institute then they can submit their complete application to Dr. Jenny Svensson: [email protected] via email.
Applicants need to submit required documents letter of motivation, proof of your master’s degree or a comparable degree that qualifies you to do a doctorate, CV, two letters of recommendation, and a draft of your planned composition.
For admission to the doctoral programme at the Hamburg Hochschule für Musik und Theater, the current regulations for the Doctor scientiae musicae (Dr. sc. mus.) programme (available in German).
All applicants must have to provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission.
The program will provide a monthly stipend of up to € 1.500 for the successful students.