The Joachim Herz Stiftung is inviting applications for up to twenty Add-On Fellowships for Interdisciplinary Life Science. The aim of the fellowships is to support the interdisciplinary work of young scientists (m/f) and give them a greater insight into related disciplines.
Excellent opportunity for international researchers
User Review( votes)
The program is open for PhD candidates and postdocs who are interested in further training in related disciplines to attend conferences, finance research stays or undertake professional training needed in order to gain new insights into relevant research methods.
The Joachim Herz Stiftung is a foundation dedicated to promoting education, science, and research in the natural sciences, in economics and business administration as well as in the field of personal development. In addition, the Foundation also provides grants for small, innovative third-party projects.
Why at Joachim Herz Stiftung– The projects support the education of both adolescents and young adults. They are dedicated to promoting education, science, and research in natural science alongside economics and business administration as well as in the field of personal growth.
- University or Organization: Joachim Herz Stiftung
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD and Postdoc program
- Award: € 12.500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Application Deadline: Closed for 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International researchers are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Fellowships are awarded for PhD and postdoc program in Interdisciplinary Life Science.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The grant is open for graduate and postdoc students in various disciplines. The applicants may transition from being a graduate student to a postdoc student in the course of their fellowship. The target group for the add-on fellowships is young scientists conducting interdisciplinary research in the life sciences. Applicants must ensure that any additional funding is permissible in accordance with the rules applicable to their basic financing.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for the fellowship, the applicants need to send all the required documents and an application in German or English via the web application system.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must be ready to submit a letter of motivation, description of research (max. one page), CV, Copies of the study diploma/transcript of records and possibly a doctoral certificate, supporting letter of supervisor/group leader (stating her / his support and the need for fostering the applicant’s interdisciplinary skills).
- Admission Requirements: For admission, the applicant must have to hold all the certificates of graduate and postgraduate studies and the research experience.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at a higher level.
Researchers will receive a maximum amount of € 12.500 per person to be spent over a period of two years. For fellows with children, additional funds are available to cover specific costs, e.g. related to childcare.