Applications are invited for Confucius Institute program for the students and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese or conduct research regarding Chinese language and culture.
These opportunities are only open to applicants who have non-Chinese citizenship. The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
A fine opportunity to get masters study from Confucius Institute.
User Review( votes)
Confucius Institute is a key multidisciplinary and research-oriented university directly under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Nankai University, located in Tianjin on the border of the sea of Bohai, is also the alma mater of our beloved late Premier Zhou Enlai.
University or Organization: Confucius Institute
Course Level: Master’s Degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Non-Chinese students
The program can be taken in China
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
The grant is only open to applicants who have non-Chinese citizenship, who are between 16 and 35 years old, and who are in good health. (Applicants who are currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age of 45).The eligibilities are as follows:
- funding for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students (2 Academic Years)
Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent;
2. A minimum score of 180 in the HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 50 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level);
3. Providing the employment agreement or certification upon finishing the study from designated working institutions is preferred.
- funding for One-Academic-Year Study + MTCSOL Students (3 Academic Years)
Bachelor’s degree or it is equivalent;
2. A minimum score of 180 in the HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK Test (Beginner Level);
3. An employment agreement from a designated Confucius Institute or a prospective working institution.
- funding for One-Academic-Year Study Students (11 Months)
To be a Confucius Institute (Classroom) student, overseas Chinese language teacher, Chinese language major student or excellent performer in HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the opportunity .
2. A minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3) and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level), or a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A) and a minimum score of 180 BCT (Speaking).
- funding for One-Semester Study Students (5 Months)
To be a Confucius Institute (Classroom) student, overseas Chinese language teacher, Chinese language major student or excellent performer in HSK test;
2. No prior experience of studying in China;
3. A minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2) and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level) or a minimum score of 100 in BCT (A) and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking).
- funding for Four-Week Study Students (4 Weeks)
To be a Confucius Institute (Classroom) student, excellent performers in HSK/BCT test, or outstanding club members of Confucius Institute Magazine;
2. No prior experience of studying in China;
3. An HSK or BCT score report.
- Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- The studentships are awarded to study Chinese or conduct research regarding Chinese language and culture.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For the application, please log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: Students need to provide a scanned copy of the passport photo page, score reports of the HSK, HSKK or BCT, BCT, Certification of the highest education diploma and an official transcript, Recommendation letter.
- Applicants of the funding for MTCSOL Students and funding for “1-Academic-Year Study + MTCSOL” students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide an employment agreement or related documents with the designated teaching institution are preferred.
Benefit: The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
- Living allowance criteria per person are:
MTCSOL, One-Academic-Year Study + MTCSOL: RMB 3,000 per month
One-Academic-Year Study, One-Semester Study: RMB 2,500 per month
- MTCSOL and One-Academic-Year Study + MTCSOL students are subject to annual academic performance review. Only those who achieve outstanding marks in academics and Chinese language proficiency are entitled to full funding for the following year; those who achieve average academic records are entitled to partial awards (Without living allowance); the others will not be entitled to scholarship any longer.
- The One-Academic-Year Study and One-Semester Study are required to attend Chinese language proficiency test before graduation. Test fees are reimbursed by Nankai University.
- During the study, for any students who are absent from China of personal reasons for more than 15 days (excluding legal holidays), the allowance will be suspended during the absence. The allowance will be terminated in case of schooling suspension or dropping out for personal reasons.