The CORAF is offering Food System Resilience Program (FSRP) PhD Scholarships in West Africa for the year 2023. Citizens of CORF member countries can apply for this scholarship. CORF is an international non-profit organization working to increase prosperity, food and nutritional security in West and Central Africa.
The FSRP aims to build food system resilience in West Africa through a strategic regional approach and will fund investments in digital advisory services, sustainability and resilience of the food system’s productive base, and market integration and trade. The program is worth over US$1 billion and will be implemented in two phases.
A great chance for students.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1987 as a specialized body of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA). With a network of over 300 partners across the region, CORF is recognized as a leading organization in agricultural research and development in West and Central Africa. The organization is headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, and operates in 23 countries across the region.
Why should you join this program? By joining the program will help to improve regional food system risk
management, increase the sustainability of the production base in selected areas and create regional
Application Deadline: May 17, 2023
- University or Organization: CORAF (West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Stipend & some other expenses
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 8
- Nationality: Be a citizen of one of the CORAF member countries
- The award can be taken in the West and Central Africa.
- Eligible Countries: Students must be citizens of one of the following CORAF member countries.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in three mutually reinforcing thematic areas:
- (1) Digital advisory services for the prevention and management of agricultural and food crises; (2) Sustainability and resilience of the food system’s productive base (sustainable land and watershed management, agro-ecological approaches); and (3) Market integration and trade (regional staple food value chain development).
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of one of the CORAF member countries
- Be no more than 40 years old
- Have a Master’s degree in research related to the chosen field and theme;
- Have already identified a thesis supervisor
- Have a demonstrated capacity for applied research, a willingness to learn and think across disciplines and professions
- Have a demonstrated interest in agricultural research for development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this program, interested students can submit a scholarship application here. All eligible applicants shall be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents:
- A letter of motivation demonstrating the applicant’s suitability and motivation and specifying his/her availability;
- A curriculum vitae (Maximum 5 pages)
- Academic Records
- Diplomas and transcripts (Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees)
- Proof of English language requirements
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors with their addresses
- A letter of commitment from each identified supervisor (university and research center)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
- Language Requirement: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the given criteria:
- Ability to speak and write French or English fluently
- A good working knowledge of the other language would be an asset.
The fellowship program will cover a stipend including registration and bench fees; a monthly living allowance; field expenses including travel, surveys, or labor related to the research activities, acquisition of small research equipment and consumables; international travel expenses (conference attendance, scientific visits); and supervision expenses.