Are you someone with talent in a sporting field? Applications are invited for Coventry University Sports funding for September 2020 entry.
This is a full-time funding for 2020 entry that provides you cash and support towards your sporting goals. UK, EU and Overseas students are eligible to apply for this programme.
A great opportunity to get free money for sport and academic study.
User Review( votes)
The university’s scheme offers you a support network enabling you to balance the demands of performance sport and academic study, helping you to achieve the highest level of success in both areas.
Why at Coventry University- The university is a leading UK university which is ranked No.15 amongst the UK universities. Coventry University is the top university for pupils satisfaction. This university is a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a provider of high-quality education and a focus on applied research.
Applications Deadline: 31 August 2020
- UK, EU, and Overseas candidates are eligible to apply.
- To be considered, you must be competing in a sport which is recognized by Sport England, but you may be an undergraduate or a postgraduate, from the UK, the EU or overseas, and studying in any year of your course.
- In order to obtain a Tier 4 holder visa, applicants are required to demonstrate that they have the correct level of English language competency to study in the UK. The requirements differ dependent on whether they are applying to study a Foundation or Pre-Sessional English programme or those who wish to study at undergraduate or postgraduate degree level.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To be considered for one of these studies you must be competing in a sport which is recognized by Sport England, but you may be an undergraduate or a postgraduate, from the UK, the EU or overseas, and studying in any year of your course. Holders must be complete and email your application form to funding support-at-coventry.ac.uk before the application deadline.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit all academic transcripts, copies of degree/diploma certificates or work reference if employed, one academic reference, your personal statement, copy of your current passport.
- Admission Requirements: There are no requirements to apply for this free study.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
In 2020/21 there will be 40-50 new Sports award available and they will be awarded competitively at either of two levels of support: £1,500 or £3,000 per year depending on your level of performance.
- Level 1: This is for applicants at High County or National level, and consists of a total of £1500: £750 in cash and £750 towards support services.
- Level 2: for holders at High National or International level we offer a total of £3000: £1500 in cash and £1500 towards support services.
- Each award consists of 50% direct financial support to fund training and competition/travelling expenses (other expenses may be considered on merit), and 50% in non-financial support in the form of a tailored programme of support services such as strength and conditioning, physiotherapy and sports nutrition.