The University of Newcastle is inviting applications for merit and excellence scholarships to pursue undergraduate degree program in Music. The university offers up to $4,000 scholarships for Australian students.
In the 1990s a group known as the Friends of the Conservatorium set up a fund for the purpose of supporting the pursuit of studies in music. Their intent was to assist aspiring music students with study costs. This group ran a series of fundraising events including a cycle race. Unfortunately their identities are not known today but we honor their vision and passion for music. This fund is now named the Creative Conservatorium Fund. The grants described below are specifically for students disadvantaged by distance to assist with the relocation costs of a move to Newcastle to study music.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: March 6, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study Music.
- Award: Up to $4,000 in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
- Number of Awards: Three opportunities are available.
- Nationality: These opportunities are available for Australian citizens or Permanent Resident.
- The award can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the opportunity
Eligible Countries: The grant is available for Australian citizens or Permanent Resident.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in the first year of a Bachelor of Music with University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Be relocating to Newcastle from a regional or remote area in Australia.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
How to Apply: The mode of applying this application is online.