VUB and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) is offering doctoral and postdoctoral scholarships to Chinese researchers to VUB.
The CSC aims to strengthen friendship and enhance understanding between China and other countries.
A fine program for aspirants
User Review( votes)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Through tailor-made high-quality research and education, VUB wants to contribute in an active and committed way to a better society for tomorrow.
- Applications Deadline: From November 2021 to February 15, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue doctoral as well as a postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Based on the agreement between VUB and CSC, these endowments include a monthly allowance for the allocated period & international flight offered by CSC, and tuition fee waiver & health insurance offered by VUB (Note: the insurance is only provided for full Ph.D. or jointly-supervised Ph.D. students).
- Nationality: The studentships are available to Chinese researchers.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to Chinese researchers.
Entrance Requirements: Who can apply for a full Ph.D.?
- You must have Chinese nationality, and meet eligibility requirements of CSC: http://www.csc.edu.cn/
- And you are a last-year Master student from a Chinese university (4-year scholarship)
- Or a last-year Master student from a university outside of China (4-year scholarship)
- Or a student who already obtained a Master degree (4-year scholarship)
- Or a first-year Ph.D. student currently enrolled in a university outside of China (3-year scholarship)
The VUB-CSC program offers two kinds of jointly supervised Ph.D. programs:
- Jointly supervised Ph.D. without a Ph.D. degree from VUB(equivalent to the Ph.D. exchange or guest student at VUB).
- Jointly supervised Ph.D. for the student who wishes to obtain double Ph.D. degrees from both VUB and his/her home university China based on the agreement between two universities and two supervisors. In this case, an agreement will be signed between two promoters (or supervisors) at VUB and Chinese university for a specific Ph.D. student. The application follows the same procedure as a Ph.D. candidate mentioned above. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please send an e-mail, mentioning ‘CSC Postdoc Application’ or ‘CSC Visiting Scholars Application’ in the subject, with attachments of your CV in English, a motivation letter, the topic of research you are interested in and a short description of your research topic. We will then match your request with a corresponding research group at VUB. If you already have a VUB promoter, please inform us the name of the promoter, research topic and duration via email.
- Please check if you meet the requirement for this application according to the CSC regulation “National Construction High-Level University Public School Graduate Program Selection Method” (only in Chinese)
- Find a Ph.D. topic and contact of professors/promotors (download the excel file with all information by clicking “list of Ph.D. topics” in this page:
- Start the online application as from Nov 2021.