CSIRO’s Postgraduate Scholarship Program is now available on offer commencing in 2019. Top up Postgraduate Scholarships are available to postgraduate students who have gained (or expect to gain), first class honours or equivalent in relevant research areas.
CSIRO’s Postgraduate Scholarship Program provides enhanced opportunities in science and engineering for outstanding graduates enrolling each year at Australian tertiary institutions as full-time postgraduates for research leading to the award of a PhD. Top-up Scholarships are available to PhD students who have gained (or expect to gain) a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or equivalent scholarship.
CSIRO’s Future Science Platforms (FSPs) are an investment in science that underpins innovation and that has the potential to help reinvent and create new industries for Australia. FSPs will see us grow the capability of a new generation of researchers and attract the best students and experts to work with us on future science in Australia. They are a multi-year, multi-disciplinary investment in our collective future, bringing CSIRO and our partners together to work on the big ideas.
- Applications Deadline: December 3, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for Postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: There are five research areas offered for postgraduate students in CSIRO Synthetic Biology Future Science Platform. Scholarships are being offered in 5 priority research areas within the SynBio FSP.
- Scholarship Award: The Top-up scholarship of $7,000 per annum, plus a generous operating budget of $10,000 per annum.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be eligible to apply you must have (or expect to gain):
- First class honours or equivalent in a relevant research area;
- Admission to an Australian University as a PhD student;
- A Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or university equivalent;
- A university supervisor who is willing to supervise you; and
- A CSIRO supervisor who is willing to supervise you
If you have already commenced your PhD studies, you must be less than 12 months into your PhD at 1 January 2019.
International applicants must have the appropriate immigration approvals to allow them to take up the scholarship.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: For details on how to apply, please see document above link provided under Research areas.