Bangor University is awarding Cumberland Lodge Scholarship Scheme for the 2017-2019 academic year. Students from UK universities are eligible to apply for these awards.
The programme is designed to fit around the demands of doctoral research. The aim of education study is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Fine study program to study at Bangor University in UK.
User Review( votes)
Bangor University is a Welsh university in the city of Bangor in the county of Gwynedd in North Wales. It received its Royal Charter in 1885 and was one of the founding member institutions of the former federal University of Wales.
- University or Organization: Bangor University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral degree programme
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Given
- Nationality: UK students
- Program can be taken in UK
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Students from UK universities are eligible to apply.
- Study Subject: The study program offers a unique opportunity for students from any discipline to develop skills in communication, public engagement, and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the award:
- Candidates must be studying for a doctorate at a university in the United Kingdom, and be able to commit a two-year year programme. It is likely, therefore, that they will currently be in the first year of their doctorate. Applications will be accepted only from those who are registered as doctoral students, including those who have not yet transferred from master’s degree to doctoral status as long as their supervisors state they are working to doctoral standard. Those currently registered for a master’s degree who hope to go on to study for a doctorate may not apply.
- Applicants must be studying for a doctorate in the UK and be able to commit to a two year programme.
- How to Apply: To apply, please complete the application form, available on the Cumberland Lodge website, and return it to our Education Officer, Dr. Rachel Smillie, at rsmillie-at-cumberlandlodge.ac.uk.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be studying for a doctorate in the UK and be able to commit to a two-year programme.
- Benefit: Scholars receive free food and accommodation while staying with us for program activities, and economy rate travel expenses will be covered once approved by a member of staff. The Lodge has the feel of both a college and a country house conference center and it is noted for the quality of its food, accommodation, and hospitality.