Home » Blog » Curtin programs in Vibration Control and Earthquake Engineering, Australia

Curtin programs in Vibration Control and Earthquake Engineering, Australia

Applications are open for the Curtin University Scholarships in Vibration Control and Earthquake Engineering to study a postgraduate degree program in the field of engineering.

The scholarship is the merit-based program open to all commencing Australian citizens or who is Australian Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa or international citizens.



User Review
0 (0 votes)

Founded in 1966, Curtin University is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students. It has ties with 90 exchange universities in 20 countries. It has three smaller off-site campuses within the Perth metropolitan area.

Application Deadline: Closed

Scholarship Details:

  • University or Organization: Curtin University
  • Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue the postgraduate research program in the faculty of engineering
  • Award: financial aid positions will be awarded worth up to t $27,596
  • Number of Awards: 4 opportunities are available
  • Nationality: Australia & international citizens
  • The award can be taken in the Australia


  • Eligible countries: The studentships are open to Australian citizens & international citizens
  • Eligible Course or Subjects: The studentships are available to study Ph.D. in the field of Civil and Structural Engineering
  • Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity s applicant must meet the following criteria:
  • Applicant must have a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related fields.
  • The language requirement is must for the applicant (IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, and Writing 21).
  • Applicants who have Master degrees with technical publications and research experiences in earthquake engineering, fluid dynamics, and stochastic dynamic analyses are eligible.
  • Non-gender specific

Application Procedure

How to Apply: The applicants need to have already applied to study at the Curtin University starting in 2021 to apply to The grants in Vibration Control and Earthquake Engineering. To apply, send your expression of interest together with required documents via email to Dr. Kaiming Bi ([email protected]).
Supporting Documents: Submit all your supporting documentation in PDF format, and under 5MB per document. Applicant must attach these documents: Personal CV, English testing score andTranscripts


  • Applicants will receive worth up to t $27,596 per annum (2021 RTP rate).
  • The duration of the program shall be for three years with a possible extension of up to six months provided the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of the award.
  • If international students will get the program, it will cover tuition fees for the duration of the award.
  • The candidate will work with Prof. Hong Hao and Dr. Kaiming Bi on their Australian Research Council (ARC) projects in the areas of earthquake engineering (1 student) and structural vibration control (3 students).

Apply Now