The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program (KWTRP) and Strathmore University offering DAAD In-Country/In-Region Ph.D. Scholarships Eastern Africa Kenya 2019.
this application is available to the citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa who have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree qualification with at least above average results.
User Review( vote)
DAAD is the world’s largest money organization for the international exchange of students and researchers. It supports more than 100,000 German and international students and researchers worldwide – this is the world’s largest wealth organization of its kind.
- Applications Deadline: February 24, 2019
- Course Level: The grant is open to pursuing a Ph.D. degree program
- Study Subject: The sponsorship will be awarded in the field of Health Management.
- Award: The winners will receive:
- the program includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates, limited contribution research costs. However, please note that this is not a fully-funded position, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the program information sheet.
- The successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from the university and the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program.
- They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDEAL
- Nationality: Citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Number of Awards: Up to 5 scholarships available.
- The award can be taken in Kenya
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to students of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The grant is open to citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must have Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
- You should have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the indicated program or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applications for DAAD Ph.D. scholarships at Strathmore University must be in the following program/field of study: Ph.D. in Healthcare Management
- To apply for the opportunity
, you first need an admission letter from Strathmore University as the host institution.
- Applications for these opportunities are will be managed jointly by IDeAL and Strathmore University.
- Applications should be submitted to Strathmore University no later than Sunday 24th February 2019 at 5.00pm.
- To apply for the DAAD 2019 In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies, the following documents should be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Strathmore University’s Application form for Graduate Studies. Click below for a copy of the application form.
- Certified copy of your High School Certificate.
- Certified copies of all Degree Certificates and Transcript of Records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained. (Kindly note the copies of the certificates and transcripts must be certified either by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court).
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms of which one must be from a former graduate professors/senior lecturer particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate studies. The second reference may be from a professor or employer.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Copy of the National ID or bio page of the Passport.
- The signed DAAD Information Sheet for Scholars, 2019/2020.
- A D. research proposal including a detailed work plan (maximum 7000 words).
- Keep to the word count. Note that plagiarism will be checked. Note that at least one of your proposed supervisor(s) should sign on the cover page of your research proposal.
- A copy of the research work undertaken at the Master
- Names of at least two proposed supervisors one of whom one must be a Strathmore University staff member.
How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity , the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.strathmore.edu/daad-in-country-in-region-phd-scholarships-eastern-africa/
- Click here to download the Reference Form.
- Click here to download the Graduate Application Form.
- Click here to download the DAAD Information Sheet.