DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) invites application for DAAD In-Country / In-Regions Scholarship funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
These are available for Sub-Saharan African applicants to pursue master and doctoral study in Africa. The aim of the programs is to promote the study of Sub-Saharan African Students.
Marvelous funding for Sub-Saharan African Students.
User Review( votes)
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotThees international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and programs.
Applicants must meet the following area for the opportunity :
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree
- (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- Clearly, show motivation and a strong commitment
- Have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African Country
- Should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
- Sub-Saharan African applicants can apply for these educations.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants must apply for their studies at CERAAS using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. CERAAS has set their own deadlines.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts, Copy of the passport, Abstract of the proposal on one page, Letter of motivation, Official letter of admission, DAAD application form duly filled, Hand signed curriculum vitae, Recommendation letter, etc.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral).
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
These awards will cover the followings:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
Application Deadline: Apr 15, 2020