The new DAAD/IPSS scholarships for Ph.D. candidates are now available at Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia. This is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Eastern Africa are designed to increase student mobility in a country/region and increase the number of knowledge sharing between universities in one country/region.
Marvelous Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African Students.
User Review( votes)
The Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) at the Addis Ababa University is the premier institute for education, research, and policy dialogues on peace and security in Africa. IPSS produces skilled professionals in conflict prevention, management, resolution, peacebuilding, and promotes the values of a democratic and peaceful society.
Application Deadline: Closed
Nationals or permanent resident of Sub-Sahara Africa are eligible to apply for this free study.
To be eligible for this study you must meet the following requirements:
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- Clearly, show motivation and a strong commitment
- Have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent resident of Sub-Sahara Africa
- Should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative).
- These are available to pursue a Ph.D. program.
- The Institute is now accepting applications to two Ph.D. programs: Regular Programme in Peace and Security Studies and Joint Programme in Global and Area Studies (with a special emphasis in peace and security studies).
- The educations at Addis Ababa University are available in the following fields are Management, Microbial, and Molecular Biology, Earth Sciences, Peace, and Security Studies.
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the program.
- These are initially granted for one year and can be extended to upon receipt of an application for extension.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The required documents should be sent to Dr. Fana Gebresenbet (fana.g-at-ipss-addis.org) no later than 23 February 2018.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a CV, a recommendation letter from a university lecturer, Letter of motivation, Letter of admission from AAU, Certified copies of university degree certificates, Abstract of the proposal on one page, Special Considerations, Ph.D. proposal, including detailed work and timetable.
- Admission Requirements: Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted. All further information will be provided after admission to the program.
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
|· Item||· Amount in €|
|· Tuition fees||· the regularly charged amount|
|· Study and research allowance||· 920,00 and 230,00 annually for Ph.D. and Masters respectively|
|· Printing allowance||· 1025,00 once within the last six months of the scholarship|
|· Monthly scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)||· Master In-Country: 180,00
· Master In-Region: 200,00 PhD
· In-Country: 210,00 PhD
· In-Region: 230,00
|· Travel allowance (In-Region only)||· The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award|