Applications are invited for MSc Tropical and International Forestry including a DAAD funding for winter semester 2020-2021which is provided by the University of Goettingen. The program is for students interested in pursuing an international career in forestry, nature conservation, ecosystem research or in development organizations.
Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this application program. Students are admitted to the MSc program on the condition that they obtain a scholarship or bring their own financial support.
An excellent opportunity for pursuing higher studies in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1737, The University of Göttingen is an internationally important research university with a long tradition. The university covers a differentiated range of subjects in the natural sciences, humanities, social sciences and medicine. Over 30,000 students are divided among 212-degree programs.
University or Organization: University of Goettingen
Course Level: MSc program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students from Developing countries
The program can be taken in Germany
Application Deadline: 15 September 2019
To be considered for the program, you have to fulfill the following requirements:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Forestry or a related field (e.g. Agriculture, Biology, Ecology, Geography) with very good to good results conferred by an institute of higher learning or a similar qualification
- Proven proficiency in English (TOEFL 80 points/ibt, IELTS 6 points at least)
- Professional experience is also welcome.
Requirements for DAAD scholarship:
- Applicants work at either a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject (Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Ecology, Geography, etc.)
- Will have completed an academic degree far above average (at least 2nd class upper division) and at least two years of related professional experience
- Is no older than 36; his/her respective academic degrees should normally not be more than 6 years old
- Has an internationally recognized English test score: IELTS (minimum: band 6.0) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
Nationality: Students from Developing countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe are eligible to apply for this application program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Application for DAAD scholarships and program admission in these steps:
- Register online for the program admission and for the DAAD application, Fill out the application form, upload all necessary documents and submit the application no later than 15th October
- Supporting Documents: Necessary documents according to the DAAD guidelines:
- full curriculum vitae
- detailed motivation letter giving the reason why you would like to study the MSc Tropical and International Forestry
- two recent references from university teacher(s), which should contain information on the applicant’s academic abilities. The letters need to mention the applicant’s name and qualification as well as the recommenders contact details. Please upload them directly to our application form. Referees can use the following forms but other formats are also accepted http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/de/foerderung/recommendation.pdf
- DAAD Application form filled out and signed by the applicant
- Academic certificates, officially authenticated copies of
- a school-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant’s home country with individual grades
- Bachelor transcript with individual grades
- university diploma or degree certificate indicating the final grade(s)
- a recent photograph attached to the application forms
- document of practical training/work experience
- a research proposal about a prospective research project for the MSc thesis, showing that you are familiar with scientific writing standards (you can change the topic during the studies)
- list of publications, if any
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject (Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Ecology, Geography, etc.).
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have an internationally recognized English test score: IELTS (minimum: band 6.0) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based).
Winter semester (course starts in October): Deadline for Non-EU citizens is 15th March
Summer semester (course starts in April): Deadline for Non-EU citizens is 15th September (a year before)
Benefit: The scholarship covers living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months). The monthly allowance is about € 750 plus additional payments.